Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pretty & Polished Swatches!

I've decided that I need to start photographing my nails any time I paint them with something different. Since I've been wearing Pretty & Polished lately, I figured I'd gather up those photos and put them into one post.


Elvis' Pink Cadillac
One of the first P&P's I purchased and yet this is the first time I've actually worn it. It's a light pink creme base with small and large black hex glitters. This applied insanely well, sometimes I have issues with glitter polishes and all the glitter grouping up on the tip of my nail. This was not the case with this polish, everything spread evenly in each coat. I used four coats for the photo above, however I think you could get away with three.


Tart
This is hands down one of my favorite P&P's that I own, and possibly favorite indie. It is a purple base, with an iridescent shimmer as well as various size and color glitters dispersed. There are also large pink and white hexes, which I didn't manage to get on the nail this time around, but I have in the past and they make this polish even more gorgeous, if that's even possible. Another one with a great formula. This is four coats, but again, you could totally get away with three and have full opacity, maybe even two.


Bubble Tea
This was actually the first P&P I bought. I remember constantly refreshing the etsy page and every polish I wanted had already been purchased by the time I added them to my cart. Bubble Tea was the only one I managed to get, which I was perfectly okay with because it was the one I wanted the most. Bubble Tea has a yellow/green base wish black hex glitter and small white glitter. Again, great formula, and in this photo I'm wearing three coats to reach full opacity. This polish and Elvis' Pink Cadillac remind me of the new Illamasqua Speckled and Deborah Lippman Spring 2013 polishes.



Pool Party
A beautiful sky blue base with various size, color, and shape glitters interspersed. I'm pretty sure that Party at Joe's is a reformulation of Pool Party, so they're not exactly the same but pretty close. I feel like Pool Party is the absolute perfect name for this one though. To me, it looks like water with different pool toys floating through it. I'm wearing three coats in the photo above.

You can purchase Pretty & Polished here and on etsy; however most of these polishes are either no longer available or are being discontinued as soon as the current stock is sold out. Make sure to keep up with Pretty & Polished on facebook (Also, Tart is coming back for the Spring!)

No comments:

Post a Comment