Monday, March 25, 2013

Nail Luxxe Guest Post

Today's guest post is by Nail Luxxe. Her nail beds are freaking awesome, and her nail art ain't bad either :P Actually it's pretty awesome as well. When I asked for some bloggers to guest post she was one of the first to respond and I'm so glad she did.  Onto the post!



Hi everyone, Nail Luxxe here!

I am so excited to be a guest blogger for Paper Thin Nails today!!  As you all know, Stephanie has an incredible blog and I am very grateful to be featured on it.

As it's coming up to Easter I thought I would do some Easter inspired nails.  Nail art is still a bit of a challenge for me but I spent some extra time deciding what to feature on my nails and planned out the colour family.

Here is a selection (yes I used a couple others too!) of the nail varnishes I used to create the look and is undoubtedly the most nail varnishes I have used in one manicure.  I also used hair pins as dotting tools and a piece of foil to blend some of the colours to get the right pastel shades.


The little finger used a custom blend using H&M Dusty Rose as a base.  For the little chickie I used No.7 Nude, Claries - Black - for the eye and H&M - Coral Rose - for the chick's beak.  Dorien Grey by Sally Hansen was used for the middle finger with white stripes.  The index finger used a custom blend with Barry M - Mint Green - as a base and a topcoat of w7 Blue Glitter. The thumb nail is Sally Hansen - Model Behaviour and H&M - Play it Coral.


Looking down at this design puts a little smile on my face and definitely has me feeling all the joys and fun of Easter.  

I learned that practice, patience and perseverance are the key ingredients when it comes to nail art. I just hope that it pays off!

Wishing you all a lovely Easter.

Nail Luxxe xoxo

Thank you so much! And remember to check out her blog for more awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment