Saturday, September 6, 2014

31DC2014: Day 05 - Blue

Well it's Day 5 and I'm already a day behind... it's okay though, I plan to be back on track by the end of the day. Last night after work, I went to go see my brother's first football game of his senior year in high school. They won 37-0! :D

For blue, I decided to go with blue jean nails, which made me have Tiny Dancer stuck in my head all day yesterday. It was actually funny, because as soon as I got in the car to rive to the game, it came on the radio... how strange is that?

31DC2014: Day 05 - Blue

For these nails, I started out with a dark blue polish and used my fan brush and a lighter blue polish to mimic the texture of jeans. I then took an off-white polish and a striper brush to create the stitching. I used one coat of Seche Vite to protect my design from smearing and then topped it all off with Born Pretty Super Matte Surface Oil.

IMG_296031DC2014: Day 05 - Blue

I wish I could have made the stitching a little thinner, but otherwise, I think I achieved the jean-look I was going for.

The polishes I used are:
Zoya Natty
Zoya Blu
Color Club Look, Don't Tusk

31DC2014: Day 05 - Blue

Let me tell you, I am getting a lot of use out of Look, Don't Tusk. It just might be my new favorite off-white (or it could just be that my OPI My Boyfriend Scale Walls is basically empty... yeah, that's probably what it is...)

Alright, well I'm going to take a bit of a break, but there should be another post up later today so stay tuned :)


(prompt courtesy of Chalkboard Nails)

Here are my blue nails from 31DC2013 & 31DC2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment