Tuesday, September 9, 2014

31DC2014: Day 09 - Rainbow

Maybe one of these days I can get my nails done early enough so I can do something more than a quick and easy post.

Today is rainbow. I still think nothing will beat my rainbow nails from two years ago, but I am a pretty big fan of these.

31DC2014: Day 09 - Rainbow

Oil slick nails!




When thinking of what to do for rainbow nails, I thought about how oil makes a rainbow and wanted to figure out a way to recreate that on my nails. The best way I figured was a water marble with duochromes.

31DC2014: Day 09 - Rainbow

Doing quick google search showed me that I am definitely not the first person who has had this idea, so I can't take the credit here, but I think I definitely achieved the effect I was going for. For this manicure, I started off with a coat of black polish on my nails and then followed the water marbling technique using duochrome polishes.

The polishes I used are:
Pure Ice Black Out
ILNP Cygnus Loop
ILNP Birefringence
ILNP My Little Glacier
ILNP Mutagen
ILNP Nostalgia

31DC2014: Day 09 - Rainbow

I love how I got the whole rainbow just on my thumb!


(prompt courtesy of Chalkboard Nails)

Here are my rainbow nails from 31DC2013 & 31DC2012.

2 comments:

  1. This is the most original one from all that I have seen today. Love it it makes me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Your comment makes me speechless!

      Delete