Thursday, August 9, 2012

'Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish


So I did Day 4 of the Superfluous Nail Art Challenge, which is animals. I sat for awhile thinking about what I wanted to do and while I was on vacation it hit me–JELLYFISH! I love jellyfish and since I love Brand New even more, I figure I'd just go all out and do some Brand New jellyfish "Seventy x 7" nail art.

Brand New is an alternative rock band, I guess is how you would describe them, who have been my favorite for about eight years now. Of course, the closest I've ever gotten to seeing them live is when my university's annual festival was moved inside from the rain and only the lead singer was able to perform, but still better than nothing.



Anyway, moving onto the manicure. I'm very please with my ring finger, I actually wish I had done them all that way but I was going for this kind of look. The pinky probably took me forever because I kept trying to write "BR& NEW" and of course my finger nail is much too small. I didn't paint a design on my thumb, but now that I think about it, I could've put a "70x7."


Colors: I used Zoya's Tru and Zara for the jellyfish. The yellow background was just me mixing some white with China Glaze's Happy Go Lucky. If anything, this manicure has taught me that I really need to buy a nice pastel yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment