Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Color Run 2012 New York


This past Saturday, I participated in the Color Run in New York. On their website the Color Run is described as "a unique experience focused less on speed and more on crazy color fun with friends and family. Color runners come from all different ages, shapes, sizes, and speeds; but everyone toeing the start line has a blast. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of the Color Run course will be the most memorable and colorful run of your life!"


Of course, I had to do my nails for the occasion! I decided to base my design on this photo from their website.


I started with a white base, used black polish and a striper brush to create a path, and then used the splatter method with a straw to make the splashes of color.


For my right hand, i just used the splatter method, I'm not sure which hand i like better.


And here's a photo of my manicure after the run.


So. Much. Pink!

It was a lot of fun and I'll definitely be doing it again next year. Here is the Color Run website in case you're interested. 

For this manicure I used Sally Hansen Whirlwind White, Color Club Chelsea Girl, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, China Glaze Make An Entrance, Zoya Arizona, and a black Jordana striper polish,

No comments:

Post a Comment