Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Julep August American Beauty




Hey guys! It's my first post on a real blog. Pretty awesome, huh?
Anyway, this month was Julep's one year anniversary and they filled the boxes with variety of metallics. I'm normally an It Girl but this time I switched to American Beauty. Dakota was calling my name. On to the swatches and review.

Dakota is described as a "rose-gold metallic chrome" and that's just what it is. Absolutely gorgeous, applied like a dream. It was opaque with just one coat but I did two for the photos just even everything out a bit. I thought it would be really similar to Essie's Pennytalk, however, upon visiting WalMart, I've seen that it's not. This is a bit darker and is actually more similar to color of a penny, in my opinion.
Stefani is described as a "gold-flecked grey metallic." To be honest, this was kind of a let down. I thought the gold flecks would be more obvious, but honestly I can only see them because I know they're supposed to be there. They are more noticeable in the bottle than on the nail. This formula for this was okay, I've had worse. It bubbled a little but I'm not sure if that's my fault or the fault of the polish.
This month Julep announced a new product, their acetone-free conditioning nail polish remover. I've only used it for clean up on the above swatches so far so I supposed you can be the judge of how well it works. I really love the pump action bottle, it's something I've been thinking of buying for awhile now and haven't gotten around to it, so now I don't have to. The smell is okay, not bad but not good. I want to say it smells like unscented lotion and with a little bit of something else. It definitely conditions like it says it does. I'm very pleased with it so far.

If you’re not a Julep Maven yet, click here and take the quiz to receive your first box.  Use the code COLOR2012 or PENNY at check out to get it for only a penny! (If the codes do not work, please let me know)

No comments:

Post a Comment