Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Swatchtober - Different Dimensions Silenced The Lambs Collection



Happy Wednesday all! I have some Halloween swatches for today :)

Before we get to the swatches, let me just mention that I'm currently working on a new halloween tutorial but have not had time to film since I've been completely swamped with work/school work.

The Silences The Lambs collection is based off on one of my favorite horror films – Silence of the Lambs.

Now onto the swatches!



 

First is Good Evening Clarice, a gorgeous pale green holo polish that also glows in the dark. I love holos, I love pale green, and I really love glow in the dark polishes which means I am all kinds of in love / obsessed with this polish. I used three coats for full opacity, which I was surprised since it's such a light colored holo, but the formula was seriously awesome! The glow was pretty awesome as well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a holographic glow in the dark polish before but I definitely know that this is the first and only one I own and I wish I had more.




Next is It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin, absolute perfect name for this polish. It is packed with orange and black glitter with a black base. The polish dries with a matte finish and has a little bit of texture from the glitter. I love how it looks without top coat, but it looks pretty great with top coat as well. The orange glitter has a beautiful glow against the black base when top coat is applied. I used two coats of IRTLOIS for the photos above.



Have The Lambs Stopped Screaming is a jam-packed glitter topper with black, white, orange, red, and yellow glitters of all shapes and sizes including circles, hearts, stars, squares, and hexes in a subtle holo base. The formula was a little this but the glitter pay off was amazing! I used one coat over OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts for the photos above.



Last, but certainly not least, is I Ate His Liver With Some Fava Beans And A Nice Chianti. Holy longest polish name ever, so long it doesn't even fit on the bottom of the bottle :P IAHLWSFBAANC (even the abbreviation is long, phew!) is a glitter topper with green, purple, and black glitters in various sizes and shapes including circle, stars, moons, and hexes. I love the amount of circle glitter in this one. The formula for this one was a little thin and I applied the polish using the dabbing technique over OPI Stranger Tides.

I really really love this collection, as I did with the Different Dimension Halloween collection from last year. (So glad I can say my swatches look better than they did a year ago!)

Different Dimension polishes can be purchased one etsy page. Make sure you give them a like on facebook if you haven't already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment