Monday, September 2, 2013

31DC2013: Day 02 - Orange

So far so good, posting for Day 2 of the 31DC2013.

Today's prompt is orange. Literally the only thing I could think of was literal oranges... or the annoying orange.

I asked my boyfriend for some ideas and he mentioned the Orioles. I figured I've done plenty of Ravens manis that it was time to finally show my O's some love.



My original plan was to do baseball laces on my index finger, but after four failed attempts I settled on doing a gradient. I wish my "O" was a little neater, but I really love how these came out. I still have no idea how I managed to paint the mascot so well and couldn't paint baseball laces, but whatever, I'm still happy :)


And here's a close up of the little guy. Definitely not perfect, but better than those baseball laces... seriously guys, you have no idea how bad those looked, every. single. time.

For these nails I used Zoya Arizona, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Pure Ice Black Out, and Cover Bands Sticks & Stones.

Are you ready for tomorrows post?! I'm thinking about doing something a little... tropical? I guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see!


2 comments:

  1. Love this nail art! I actually really like the rough lines of your O. It made the nail art look a lot more interesting! :D Hahaha!! Maybe you were meant to paint the mascot instead of the baseball laces ;) Besides you did such a great job at them! Would be a shame not to paint it :D Can't wait to see what ideas you have in store tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be the reason! haha. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete