Saturday, September 21, 2013

31DC2013: Day 19 - Galaxies

After three attempts, I can finally show you my galaxy nails!


I knew from the beginning that I wanted to do a pastel galaxy, of course inspired by The Nailasaurus. After attempting to follow this tutorial, and failing miserably (not because it wa s difficult but because I didn't have the proper colors), I decided to try pastel galaxy drips.

Once again I failed, and I thought I'd give it one last shot.


I'm so glad I did, I love how these turned out. I only wish I had a unicorn charm from Hex Nail Jewelry and it would've been perfect.

To create this pastel galaxy, I started with Zoya Blu as a base. I then sponged on, with tiny bits of make up sponge, OPI Pink Friday, OPI Planks A Lot, and Julep Taylor until I was happy. I added some sparkle with a glitter polish from Forever21 and added stars with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

I'm not sure if I want to tackle a water marble tonight, but I probably should since I'm going to see the Ravens game tomorrow and won't have tons of time to continue playing catch up.


2 comments:

  1. Haha, pastel galaxies are really hitting the trend around the blogging world! Not a bad thing though, I'm surprised I love all of the beautiful galaxies popping around my feed! :D Anyway, I think these turns out really unique and I wouldn't have guessed it was due to the lack of colours! The colours goes so well together! I sure am loving how they sparkles! Great job with making most of what you have ;) Plus only great artist could pull off the lack of colours by rocking the colours they have!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! they're very unique (in a good way, of course)! I love the sparkly topper!

    ReplyDelete