Thursday, September 26, 2013

31DC2013: Day 21 - Inspired By A Color

This post is coming to you from a very tired, very busy, and very far behind nail blogger! That's right, I'm not dead, I didn't quit, I am still here and (trying) to move along with this challenge!

So now that I'm a good six days behind, I am finally onto the "inspired by" part of the challenge.

The first day of this part of the challenge is "inspired by a color." The world of nail blogging seems to be on the same page with this prompt as in "what the heck does that mean" and "I guess I'll paint my nails based on the name of a polish" which is what I did.


Can you guess which polish I based my design off of? Let me give you a moment...

Moments over!

If you guessed OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons then you are very much correct!

Honestly, I really freaking like these, the buttons are adorable, the pretzels look yummy, what's not to love?


I used OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons as a base and painted the buttons using Zoya Josie, Zoya Rocky, and OPI Planks A Lot. For the pretzels I used Julep Otte and mixed a little but of Finger Paints It Baroque with Otte to create some minimal shading. I used Windestine Asbestos for the salt, pretty smart, eh?

Who knows when my next post will be up, hopefully sometime soon but probably not tomorrow because I am seeing Ke$ha right after I get off work. Kinda of wish I had more Ke$ha-y nails for the occasion, but it's midnight, I have to get up for work at 6:00am, and I'm sleepy.

I am excited for the prompts coming up, I've had my ideas in my head for most of them since the beginning of the challenge. Stay tuned :)


5 comments:

  1. Hehehe! I love how you're inspired by OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons! :D Very smart indeed! Hehe, it's okay! Take your time with this challenge! After all, I don't see the word "daily" anywhere XD so one could pretty much work at their own pace, ya? ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true! I just know that if I don't at least try to stick to a schedule, I will end up dragging this out for forever haha :)

      Delete
  2. Olá querida. Espero que gostes do meu pequeno cantinho- Fashion Gets Fierce.
    Muitas surpresas estão a ser preparadas por isso mete um like na página oficial do blogue: https://www.facebook.com/fashiongetsfiercee e segue-o também via blogger: http://www.blogger.com/follow-blog.g?blogID=2584344346166770746 e prometo-te que assim não vais perder nadinha!! With love, Inês de Castro
    http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.com/

    ps: já está a decorrer um giveaway participa: http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.pt/2013/09/romwe-super-hero-leggings-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! The best interpretations of a nail polish name I've ever seen :D And so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete