Saturday, September 21, 2013

31DC2013: Day 18 - Half Moons

Hello everyone! I'm forever behind in this challenge, but I decided I'm okay with that as long as I finish on time :)

It's proving to be quite difficult to work two jobs and go to school, and I've been going to whole lot of concerts lately, which has been awesome. I used to go to local shows all the times, but the local bands I like don't exist anymore, and it's been nice seeing live music again.

Today is half moons, er well, Wednesday was.

I had no plan on what to do for this prompt. I just picked out colors and went with it.


I decided to use OPI Pink Friday and Zoya Mickey to create a striped gradient. I didn't like the harsh line of the half moon from the paper reinforcements, so I added dots with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.


Kind of reminds me of a pearl necklace, kind of reminds me of a cake.

I don't know if its something I'd do again, but my camera must love pinks because look at that color balance. So insanely perfect.

I'm working the next prompt. Tried to do them once but completely failed and I'm taking another stab at it. And then, of course, the dreaded water marble.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I've neveractually seen this combination before!!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! I love pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh they turned out beautifully! I am totally in love with this! It reminds me of cozy neck warmers though :) Soooo fluffyyy!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I love the striped gradient and the dots -- I agree, the harsh line between nude nail and bright pinks can be a little off-putting :) These photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete