Monday, September 16, 2013

31DC2013: Day 16 - Tribal

Last year for tribal nails I decided to do an ikat design. I wasn't super pleased with it, but it was super easy and didn't take any time at all. This year I decided to try something a little more complicated.


The lines aren't as perfect as I'd like the, but I'm still working on that. I think part of the reason is, I need a better brush. This is the best tribal mani I've ever done, and is definitely a favorite for me for this challenge.


I used OPI Did You Ear About Van Gogh as a base and started painting stripes using Zoya Rocky. I then added thinner stripes and some dots with Pure Ice Black Out and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

I'm really into this color combination, but I also just love a nude polish paired with anything.

Tomorrow is glitter and I'm having the biggest debate with myself whether I should make it super easy or complicated. I guess we'll have to see.


4 comments:

  1. This turned out really well. I like it! I like the design as well as the simple colour combination and nude base. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah this is so cute!! Love the color combination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/09/bobbi-brown-twilight-pink-lip-eye.html

    ReplyDelete