Sunday, September 15, 2013

31DC2013: Day 15 - Delicate Print

YAYYY! I CAUGHT UP! I think we should throw me a party, shouldn't we?

Okay, probably not, but I'm happy to have caught up and to have no half-assed any of the three manicures I've done today. I'm actually quite pleased with them all, even this one.


So this wasn't exactly what I had originally planned for today. I really wanted to try out some stamping, but go figure, I couldn't find the stamper itself. I had to go with plan B which was try to paint my own delicate lacey print on, which did not work. So instead I painted little white flourishes on my middle and pinky nails and used a dotting tool for my index and ring fingers. I really like that I left the base –almost – naked, with just one coat of OPI Don't Burst My Bubble to try to cover up the staining a bit.


I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for the flourishes and the polka dots and topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite.

The flourishes kind of remind me of snowflakes a little bit, and I kind of absolutely want to do this manicure again during the winter, but with snowflakes instead of things that are trying to be snowflakes but aren't really.

Also in this manicure you can see how itty bitty my nail beds are, which I'm always self-conscious about, but I think the patterns over top help make it not so noticeable.

Tomorrow is tribal print which I'm kind of terrified of and I definitely need to cut down one of my brushes because what you see here is basically the skinniest line I'm able to obtain with my current brushes.


1 comment:

  1. Oooh!! Sooo pretty!! Do love thhis! With OPI Don't Burst My Bubble as background for this mani, they gave the illusion of chiffons! Hehe, yeap! They do remind me of snowflakes and winter too! Hmm, I suppose both chiffon and snowflakes totally pass up as delicate ;P Love this nail art!

    ReplyDelete