Sunday, September 28, 2014

31DC2014: Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

It took me FOREVER to figure out what book to do. After much debate, I decided on Papa, Please Get The Moon For Me by Eric Carle.

31DC2014: Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

Now, I can't remember if I read the physical book as a child, but I very distinctly remember watching it on video. As I'm sure you can guess, it is about a little girl who asks her dad to get the moon for her, which he does by climbing a tall ladder. While the girl has the moon, it gets smaller and smaller until it disappears. And eventually the moon comes back and grows back into it's full size.

31DC2014: Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

I utilized the dry brush technique in order to get the textured look that is found in Eric Carle's illustrations. This could not have turned out any better if I tried. Absolutely and totally happy with these.

The polishes I used are:
China Glaze Concrete Catwalk
Color Club Chelsea Girl, Fondue For Two, and Look Don't Tusk
Dare to Wear On Cloud 9
Julep Char, Delaunay, and Nan
OPI Did It On 'Em and Jade Is The New Black
Pure Ice Black Out
Zoya Blu, Darcy, Josie, Natty, and Rocky


(prompt courtesy of Chalkboard Nails)

Here are my book inspired nails from 31DC2013 & 31DC2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment