Saturday, September 20, 2014

31DC2014: Day 19 - Galaxies

For whatever reason, I always have a hard time with galaxy nails. It's kind of frustrating because everyone always says how easy and quick they are; however, I can never get them to look exactly how I want.

31DC2014: Day 19 - Galaxies

In my opinion, these are the best galaxy nails I've ever done, and I really really love them. Not sure why, but I could not get them to photograph true to color. They're actually much more of a dark maroon/pink than a purple/blue.

I tried to color correct in photoshop thought I had them perfect, and after saving and uploading to flickr, I realized that I had flux turned on.... face-palm. I still like how they look like this too, so I decided I'll leave them as opposed to going through the hassle of editing again. I just need to remember for the future to have flux disabled while photoshop is open.

31DC2014: Day 19 - Galaxies

I would say the colors on the ring finger accurately show how the other nails look.

The polishes I used are:
Orly Galaxy Girl
OPI Funky Dunky
China Glaze What a Pansy
China Glaze Spring in My Step
Zoya Yana
Orly Pixie Powder
Color Club Look Don't Tusk


(prompt courtesy of Chalkboard Nails)

Here are my galaxy nails from 31DC2013 & 31DC2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment