Friday, September 26, 2014

31DC2014: Day 21 - Inspired by a Color

I'M BACK! And totally in love with today's manicure!

31DC2014: Day 21 - Inspired by a Color



So for today's prompt, I usually interpret it to mean "create a manicure based on the name of the polish." This year I used China Glaze's What A Pansy. I love pansies and they always make me think of the pansies from Alice in Wonderland, which is probably my favorite Disney movie, let's be honest. Actually, looking at this manicure I realized it could count for inspired by a movie and a book, but don't worry, I won't cheat like that (;

31DC2014: Day 21 - Inspired by a Color

And you might notice that my pinky nail is MIA....In the process of filing my nails to be more of an almond shape (I'm getting there!!) my pinky nail broke :(.  I refuse to file all my nails down, so I will try to crop it out of photos as much as possible. After painting the flowers I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite and a coat of Born Pretty Super Matter Surface Oil.

The colors I used in this manicure (are way too many to list, but I will try anyway!):
China Glaze What A Pansy
China Glaze In A Lily Bit
China Glaze Spring In My Step
Color Club Look Don't Tusk
Julep Roc Solid
OPI Did It On 'Em
OPI Funky Dunky
OPI Planks A Lot
Pure Ice Black Out
Sephora Tangerine Tango Creme
Zoya Arizona
Zoya Darcy
Zoya Josie
Zoya Micky

So sad these have to go so soon but I gotta move on with this challenge if I want to catch up.


(prompt courtesy of Chalkboard Nails)

Here are my color inspired nails from 31DC2013 & 31DC2012.

1 comment: